Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Seasons

This past weekend, I was invited to a women's retreat by one of my good friends. I was very excited, and a little nervous, to go. I was excited to see what God would teach me, but I was nervous about being around so many people I'd never met before. God did not disappoint! Our speaker, Pat Harley, gave four amazing messages. And, I got to know some amazing women over the 2 days.

These are the women of Numazawa . . . Room 4: (L-R) Nancy, Julie, Jennifer, Marcy, Melodie, Melissa, Kerri, & me. I had registered to ride the zip line a couple of times, but the weather didn't cooperate. Instead, we all gathered in our room & played games. :-)

The theme of the weekend was I will praise Him in every season. Sunday morning, the sun came out! It was beautiful!! It allowed everyone to participate in the "prayer mosaic". In case you don't know what that is (I didn't either until Sunday morning), it's where you go to several "stations" and have a time of prayer. For example, one of them was Laying your burdens at the foot of Jesus. So, at this station, we wrote a burden on a rock, prayed to give it over to Jesus, and threw the rock in the lake to symbolize its release. They had set up 7 different stations, and we each went through them. It was such an intimate time with my Savior! By far, that hour was the highlight of the retreat for me!! :)

Sunday morning, before breakfast, I walked around for a little while enjoying the sunshine. Of course, I had to get a picture of the lighthouse near the dining hall. Just because I'm living further from the ocean doesn't mean I've stopped looking for lighthouses! :) I sat out on the dock for a little while, too, until the wind got to be too strong.

It was a wonderful weekend, and I'm so glad that I got to go!

On a completely different note, it's April 21st today . . . which means it's Aggie Muster. For those of you who aren't Aggies, this is a day to remember those lost this past year and to celebrate the life that they had. I'm working tonight, so I won't be able to attend a local gathering, but hopefully I'll find a local group before next year. I'm sure there's an Aggie Family here in Fort Worth! :)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I loved having you there! Great pics!