Saturday, June 09, 2007

Festivals

This weekend is the "famous" Celebrate Fairfax Festival!! In case you've never heard of it, don't feel too badly. I'd never heard of it until this week. :) Anyways, Fairfax is a city and a county near here, and they apparently have a big festival every year. I decided to go see what all the excitement was about today. Being on a strange sleep schedule lately, I got up (for the second time today - woke up starving at 4AM, ate some breakfast, and went back to bed) - around 1PM and headed west to the mall where you park & catch a shuttle to the festival. After walking around for a few hours, I'm still not quite sure what we were "celebrating". But, I did get to hear some local bands (acoustic, jazz/blues, and rock), which I loved! I also got a free souvenir cup from the Fairfax Water Company with fresh, cold ice water. Very nice since it was a little warm in the sunlight. They also had the normal carnival food and rides I've come to expect at fairs. Ben & Jerry's had a booth, also, which made me very happy!! :) I had actually planned to stay for the big concert which featured Smashmouth, but my bladder had other plans. The only restrooms were port-a-potties, which I don't use on principle! So, I decided to leave early and catch the shuttle back to the mall. Thankfully, I had parked near the Macy's, so I could use a real, clean restroom and do some shopping. :) All in all, a very fun day!

1 comment:

Janna said...

Awww...Ben and Jerry's while outside so great!

You could have gone to the bathroom at Macy's still and shopped/pottied cooled off, then headed back to the festival and the shuttle.