Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A Clean Sweep


Well . . . The Colorado Rockies are going to the World Series!! Who would have thought it possible?!? :) I've liked this team pretty much since they were formed. My parents were out in CO for something back the year the team was formed and brought us all back T-shirts & shorts with the Rockies logo. I remember thinking - "How pretty, purple & black!" I've been to Coors' Field there in Denver a couple of times, and it is just gorgeous! I love watching the waterfall in outfield. We went one year on vacation while my favorite baseball player was still getting to play - Javy Lopez - for the Braves. We got to see a couple of games that year. I don't remember who won the games, but I do remember how cold it got at night . . . even in July!! :) Javy started spring training with the Rockies, but he went into retirement before the season actually started. How cool would that have been if he'd gotten to stay with the team as they went to the World Series?!? What a way to end your career! :) Oh well. I'm very happy for Todd Helton, who's been with the team since the beginning (I think). He must be on cloud 9!! VERY EXCITING! I can't wait to see who they get to play . . . Go Red Sox!!!! :)

No comments: