Thursday, February 12, 2009

'Special' Moments

(a.k.a. times you wish you could crawl under a rock for a few minutes & hide.)
I seem to be having more of these lately. Most recently was this morning. Yesterday, after a fun breakfast with my sister & sending her off to the airport to pick up her husband, I decided to take my car in for its "60 Thousand Mile Checkup" . . . just a few thousand miles late. (but, better late than never, right?!?) So, off I go. After sitting in the waiting area for a couple of hours, the man I was working with came to find me. At that point, it was going to be at least another 3-4 hours. Then, (my favorite question of the day) he asked if I wanted to wait or if I'd like a loaner car and to pick up mine tomorrow (this) morning. Hmmm . . . not a hard decision! When I checked my car in yesterday morning, he told me that all service comes with a free car wash. YEA!! Roony was filthy (to put it lightly).
This brings me to this morning ...
I went to pick up my baby, and was handed a coupon for a local car wash. No problem. I took my car, stopped for some BOLD coffee, and went to the car wash. Here's the embarrassing part. I was sitting in the waiting area, and the Rachel Ray show was on the TV. No biggy, right? Her shows are typically funny. Well, NOT today's! She'd sponsored a mass wedding for 40 couples in & around Houston whose weddings were postponed due to Hurricane Ike. It was SO sweet! Needless to say, I started tearing up . . . in public. (rolling eyes) I was sitting in the waiting area with some man, and tears started running down my cheeks thinking about how much these people had been through. Thankfully, they finished my car before the show ended, so I could leave before I'd lost all control of my emotions. :~)
Good times . . .
The good news in all of this is that my car is ready for another 30,000 miles, shiny & clean, and still has a little of my NC sand in the back. I'm thinking it's time for some more ROAD TRIPS!!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Posts like this make me want to go everywhere with you. I just smile and laugh. I love you, girl!