Thursday, September 23, 2010

Funny Phone Calls

My phone rang yesterday just as we were about to eat dinner. I answered, and here's the conversation that followed:

Me: Hello?
Person: Hello. May I speak with ... (pause) ... Jenn?
Me: This is she. Who am I speaking with?
Person: This is ... with Al's Formal Wear. I'd like to congratulate you on your upcoming wedding!
Me: My wedding was in June.
Person: (awkward pause) Well, our records indicate that your wedding will be in June, 2011.
Me: My wedding was in June.
Person: (awkward pause) Hmm...Well...I guess I could update our records to reflect that.
Me: OK
Person: Thank you for your time. And, I guess, congratulations on your recent marriage.

**click**

Aparently, Al's Formal Wear doubts that I know my actual wedding date. I didn't think this was something easily forgotten!! I also appreciated the half-hearted "I guess congratulations" for being married. I guess it doesn't deserve the recognition that an upcoming wedding does. I hung up & told Marshall, and we had a little chuckle. Then we moved on to the food! :o)

No comments: