Friday, December 15, 2006

Pictures


I know what you're thinking . . . an entry TWO days in a row?!? Shocking! :) I went back to the city today to tour the Capitol. It was nice to see, but there were NO Christmas decorations!! What in the world?!? The paintings & murals were beautiful. I can't imagine being that talented & creative. After I left the Capitol, I walked around downtown for a few hours - until my feet could take no more. A word to the wise, when you come up here to visit/tour, go for COMFORTABLE shoes as opposed to cute shoes!! :) I did get some pictures of the Capitol Christmas Tree, which stands on the side of the building facing the Mall. I then walked down Pennsylvania Ave. to get pictures of the outside of the White House & the National Christmas Trees. I hope you enjoy the pictures. :) The top picture is self explanatory. The second picture is of the "Texas Tree", which is one of 50+ little trees surrounding the National Christmas Tree - one for every state & some provinces. The last picture is the National Christmas Tree. If you look closely, you can see the train tracks circling the bottom of the tree. There are also about 5 little villages on the ground all around the tree with trains that run. As you visit this area, which is located between the White House & the Washington Monument, you get to listen to the continuously playing Christmas music! Also, they constantly have a "Yule Log" burning so you not only get the smell of pine, but also the smell of a fire burning. All you need to finish the scene off is a cup of apple cider! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pix! They are great. Wish we could ahve been there with you and seen it all. Can't wait till you get here this next Friday!
Love you,
Dad