Monday, May 05, 2008

Week in Review

Last week was full, but it was fun! I got back from the Houston/Galveston area Monday afternoon. Tuesday, I baked almost ALL day!! :~) (one of my FAVORITE things to do!) My mom's birthday was on Wednesday, and she had mentioned wanting some homemade pumpkin bread for her birthday. So, I set out to make some bread . . . YUMMY!!!! Then, I baked some chocolate cookies for some of my parents' new neighbors. What a FUN day!!







Wednesday, I spent the day getting ready for my mom's "party" that night - putting the finishing touches on her presents and baking her pie. (no, not from scratch . . . from box) We went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse, and then came home for dessert and presents.




This is mom posing with her 3 new trees - a white dogwood, a pink dogwood, and a sweet olive tree. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!!!!



Thursday evening, my dad and I drove up to Dallas to spend the night since I had an early test on Friday morning up there. Friday, after that was finished, we went to the Dallas Arboretum to walk around for a while. What a GORGEOUS day!!












After walking around for a while (and taking LOTS of pictures) :-), we met Amy & Ronnie at our favorite Tex-Mex restaurant, Posado's, in the Dallas area. That night, we met up with my mom and Papa Joe at my cousin's rehearsal dinner in Duncanville. Joe David and Jenni were going to begin their new life together on Saturday afternoon!! YEA!!!!






Aren't they are cute couple?!? Below, is Joe David dancing with Jenna, Jenni's daughter.









Saturday morning at breakfast, Jenna kept telling me about her TWO dresses for the day: the gold, sparkly one for the wedding made her look like Ariel coming out of the water, and her brown one for the reception has a flower that can be taken off if I don't want to wear it. And finally, she told me ALL about her high heel shoes that make me look 10!!!! (by the way, she's a "full of life" 5 year old) How precious!



After the happy couple had left, headed to NYC, all the Poe's that were able to be there huddled up and decided where to go for dinner before heading back to our respective homes. Pappadeaux's was the winner - or however they considered themselves having a large group of Poe People to feed. :-)




Our sweet waitress took the group picture of the full-tummied Poe family. She was a great sport to deal with all of us!

A wonderful week!! I hope you had a great one, too!!

No comments: