Monday, September 08, 2008

Family Fun Weekend



Saturday morning, we headed up to my Mamma Granny's house to celebrate her 75th birthday. WooHoo!! :-) We had a fun time visiting with the family and eating some delicious hamburgers & hot wings. (I know . . . probably not the typical 75th b-day party food, but that's what she requested)




I always enjoy visiting their place on one of the many branches of Lake Fork in East Texas. It's just gorgeous! This is a view from their backyard of the boathouse and the calm water. It doesn't get much better than that . . . unless you had that with NO MOSQUITOES!!!! :-) The water was amazingly blue that day and made me wish I could just go sit in a boat out on the lake.



Here's Granny "Vanna-ing" one of her birthday gifts. Smell good stuff is ALWAYS welcome!!


After the party, my roommate from nursing school (who'd come up Friday evening for a weekend visit with the fam) and I started out on a Target trip so she could buy her new camera. Somehow . . . still not exactly sure when/how the switch happened :) . . . we ended up at a car dealership looking for her new set of wheels. The first place we went, the salesman (a bit TOO talkative and even more 'slimy') decided Mandy & I looked like sisters. Well, for those of you who know both of us, I'm sure you're already laughing! After giving at least a 20 minute synopsis of his life and hometown back in Oklahoma & asking about the whole sister thing, he decided to ask what we she was looking for in a car. Half an hour later - after having had more than we needed or wanted of that guy!! - we were back in my car & off to the next stop! Honestly . . . WHAT WAS HE THINKING?!? Across the street, we had more luck, though. She found just what she was looking for, and she got (what we think is) a great deal. Now, neither of us had ever gone into the car buying scene without parental help, so there's no telling what we didn't ask/do right. But, it was fun pretending to be "big girls" and do this on our own! :-)


She bought a beautiful Hyundai Santa Fe! (Not that I'm partial to them or anything . . .) Mine is the "old style" since they redesigned them last year, so it was fun to see all the changes & improvements they've made in the design. Here's the very happy new car owner!!!!

Needless to say, she wasn't too sad to say 'goodbye' to the old green car! CONGRATULATIONS, Mandy!!!! :D

The weekend ended with me preparing for my first (of hopefully many!) job interview as I look for a more permanent job situation. More on that later, but please pray for me to see God's will and direction for this next step in my life clearly! Thanks!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Good times! Beautiful cake! Nice-looking car! Glad that you had a good weekend and I hope that you are getting some good rest, too.