Thursday, September 25, 2008

My 'Thin Place'

Below is a view of Virginia Beach at sunrise. In addition to God's creativity with the sunrise and waves, a group of dolphins started playing a ways offshore for everyone to enjoy. It's so much fun watching the dolphins play!!




Don't worry . . . this isn't about weight!! I haven't found a miracle diet to make us all skinny. Last night, my dad mentioned the discussion topic from his staff meeting this past Monday called "Thin Places". I'm not sure who originally came up with this concept, but it's kinda fun to ponder. This Blogger explains the topic perfectly:



"someplace where heaven seems to come down and touch Earth."


It made me start thinking about what my 'thin place' is. For me, it's the beach. The waves rejuvenates me. I love to listen to them and see how they crash into the shore. Here are a few more of my favorites. :-)

This picture is from a deck leading to Myrtle Beach. The best part of being here (other than the fact that I was on the beach!) was that rocking chairs were provided on this deck. That's right, I got to sit in a comfy rocking chair and watch the moon rise over the ocean. It doesn't get much better than that in my book!

This amazing view, compliments of Ocracoke Island, NC, made me fall in love with North Carolina!! I sat in that beautiful sand watching the perfectly blue water wash ashore for about an hour that day - a brief intermission in my lighthouse tour of the OBX.

This is a picture of the last beach I went to, Assateague National Park in VA. It's located on Chincoteague Island . . . the home of the wild horses. How cool is that to watch horses play along the shore. (or in the marshes, which is where I saw them)

Such happy memories! Have a great day. :-)

No comments: