Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Randomness . . .

  • I think the twinkle lights on my Christmas tree are possessed. When I tested them before putting them on the tree, they all flashed like they were supposed to. Once on the tree, though, only half of the top strand flashed. This is okay, I guess, since it's in the center of the tree - kinda like a belt. :) Well, tonight for about an hour & a half, BOTH halves of that strand were flashing. It's back to 'normal' now. Kinda weird. I'm thinking it might be time for new lights next year.

  • Possibly the BEST $20 I've spent ALL year:

In case the picture isn't clear, this is my 'bag lady' - two level cart. My parking space isn't close to my apartment, so this little cart carries all my stuff back to my apartment after grocery shopping - a LIFE SAVER after a day of Christmas shopping!!!! :) It folds flat and rides in the back of Roony to all the stores. If you want one, it can be found at the Mother Ship (a.k.a. Target) for about $20.

  • Why do people walk up to an empty cashier line where the light is off & wait? Are they hoping that someone will just appear and check them out? Why not just get in a line with the light on? I saw this a few times today. . . always good for a little laugh! :~)
  • Did you also watch the Christmas in Washington special on TV tonight? Who was the man that sang "O Holy Night"? He was fantastic!! I have always loved a good baritone. It brought tears to my eyes listening to him perform one of my favorite Christmas carols!
  • I couldn't find a Nativity at Wal Mart today. Do they not sell them there anymore? I walked every isle in the Christmas Shop twice looking for one.
  • Best buy of the day . . . I got FOUR Christmas CD's today for $25!!!! They were all on sale (one even for $1). WooHoo!! :-)
  • I miss the college Christmas breaks - a whole month of freedom to play! Aside from the "studying" and tests, it's a pretty good deal.
  • I love all the Christmas specials on TV!! Last night, I got to be home and watch A Charlie Brown Christmas. . . happiness!!
  • Even with psycho twinkle lights, Christmas trees look so much better with gifts under them!
  • The other half of that strand of lights is now flashing again . . . (-:

3 comments:

jenn said...

I watched the "Christmas in Washington" again, and the "O Holy Night" singer is Master Sargeant Caleb Green. Such talent!! :)

Julie said...

Oh, Jenn, I love your random thoughts! I wish my Christmas tree had gifts under it...the last time there were some under it, Joshua opened them! Merry Christmas!

Mandy said...

That was the most random post ever....lol... Your bag lady cart CRACKS ME UP!!!!