Saturday, December 20, 2008

"Spring" Weather?

Today . . . TWO days before the official start of Winter . . . we had amazing 'spring' weather! All this after about a week of 30-40 degree weather. Welcome to Texas!! :-) Well, I couldn't stay indoors when it was so nice outside. Yep, you guessed it . . . I went back to the FW Botanic Gardens.


I saw this tree and immediately thought of 'Boo Radley' from To Kill a Mockingbird. I'm not sure why . . . Anyways, that's the bench I picked to sit & read today. What I didn't notice when I sat down was that a rather large bird's nest was on one of the limbs. At one point, I was on the phone, and the bird was SO LOUD that it was a little difficult to hear! I guess I was invading its personal space.

I just love variegated flowers! I think this is a rose, but I honestly don't remember which garden it was in. . . just a pretty flower. :)

If you look closely, you can see water drops on the petals. A lot of the blooms were messed up during the freezes last week, but there were still a few pretty ones.

Lastly, I thought this looked like a Holly Bush . . . Christmas themed plants!! :) I couldn't find the name tag on the trunk, so I'm just going to pretend it really is a holly bush.

On a completely different note -

This is most likely the last post I'll do for a while. I've decided that I spend entirely too much time on the internet. So, I'm going to have an "internet fast" (for lack of a better word) for a while. (Except for checking email occasionally) :) Please pray with me as I use this time to seek God's direction in a couple areas of my life. Thanks!

I hope you have a very Merry Christmas

and a wonderful New Year!!

No comments: