Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Some things just don't mix

For example . . . winter weather & Texas driving! :) Tuesday morning, as the 'terrible winter weather' was approaching, I was trying to get home. Now, to be perfectly fair, there was sleet/ice on the roads about 30-45 miles north of here as I was leaving work. Fort Worth, however, was just getting some really cold rain. This didn't hinder people from driving 20 miles below the speed limit, though. How happy did that make me?!? :) So, yesterday evening, thinking it would be bad outside, I left for work early. It really wasn't bad until the middle of the night, which made my evening commute easy. The fear started to set in at about 2 or 3 this morning when most of the day shift workers were calling in 'sick' or 'bad weather'. :) One of the drawbacks of my job is that we can't just leave . . . someone has to be there when I leave or else bad things happen. (to put it lightly) So, needless to say, I was overjoyed when my replacement showed up close to on time!! The drive home wasn't too bad, and because of the late caffeine shot (thinking I was going to be at the hospital for a while), I had plenty of energy when I got home. :) I walked around outside to get some pictures of the pretty white ice . . . looks a lot like snow, but it's very slippery.

You can't see it very well, but there's steam coming up from the water fountain. It was really cold this morning!!!! :) I hope you're warm & safe wherever you are!

No comments: