Sunday, November 19, 2006

9500 Turkeys!

What do you do with 9500 turkeys, you may ask?!? Well, you feed 95,000 people! :) Yesterday morning, I met with several hundred of my fellow church members from 8-11 to help prepare 9500 Thanksgiving Dinners "In A Box". Each box contained a meal that will feed approximately 10 people and small brochures that shared Christ's love for them & the plan of salvation. I can't imagine the organization & planning that went into this huge undertaking. At one point, while the table at the end of my assembly line was being repaired (again - it kept breaking), I took the time to look around the bottom floor of the parking garage at the church. There were literally hundreds of people - ALL ages - feverishly working to get the boxes packed & ready for delivery. (And I use the word "feverishly" VERY loosely as it was in the upper 30's - lower 40's the whole time we were out there!) What a testimony to the heart of ministry shared by the church family! It was such a blessing & encouragement to me to see & be a part of. I hope you have a wonderful time with your family this Thanksgiving!! :)

No comments: