Friday, November 10, 2006

Sight-Seeing




A friend of mine was up from Texas this past weekend, so we went to do some sight seeing around the City. The first picture is from a "scenic overlook" off of GW Pkwy, overlooking the Potomac. Aren't the colors beautiful? The second is me (sporting my new DC "hoodie") in front of the White House. I'm really hoping to get in to the White House once it's decorated for Christmas. We'll see. All the streets around the big house were closed that afternoon because the President was coming from or going somewhere. We saw Marine One flying over. We got some good pictures of the monuments, and I finally found the Vietnam Wall. I've been to the Mall 3 or 4 times since I moved up here in July, and I have never seen it. Although, in my defense, I didn't really go wandering off the beaten path in that area while I was by myself - "Safety First", right?!? I'm doing my best not to get on the news while here. :)

No comments: