Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Autumn Days

This past Saturday was absolutely gorgeous! When I checked the weather & realized the following few days were going to be cold & gloomy, I decided to take advantage of the day instead of doing laundry & running the errands I needed to. :) I went to the closest bookstore & picked up the latest book in my favorite series. Karen Kingsbury is a great author and had just released the 4th of 5 books in the Firstborn series. (a beautiful love story between two people and Christ's love for us!) After I got the book, I went next door to pick up a coffee & breakfast before I headed to a park. Every morning on the way to work, I pass a small park near the Pentagon that I thought would be fun to visit. Well, I went on Saturday. It is beautiful, but a little too secluded for me to sit in by myself. (Once again, Safety First!!) :) So, I went to a neighborhood park near my apartment that felt more safe. I enjoyed the next several hours alternating between reading my new book and watching the children playing in the park around me. Since the sun starts setting around 5pm now, I headed home around dinner time to finish my book there. My friend, Camille, introduced me to a series by another author, Dee Henderson. WOW! Just as good of a love story as in Karen Kingsbury, but WITH A MYSTERY!! What more could you ask for?!? :) It was nice to have a distraction at home through the nast few days of weather. I'm very happy to report, though, that the sun made a reappearance today. I guess you really have to have the dark clouds to make you enjoy the sunlight more! :)

No comments: