Thursday, November 30, 2006

TOURS!!





Well, I just received notice that I'll get to tour BOTH the Whitehouse & the Capitol next month!! I'm SO EXCITED to see both decorated for Christmas! :) I'm pretty sure I'm allowed a camera in the Capitol, so I'll be sure to get a lot of pictures there. As for the Whitehouse, I don't think I can take a camera, so I'll just make a mental note of what I see & describe it for you later. I did get to see the "Whitehouse Christmas Tree" (totally by accident!) today on my scenic tour/way home from the mall. I got on 395 headed the wrong way - I know, completely SHOCKING! - and ended up Downtown. Anyway, I wound my way around SouthWest until I found the road that takes me home. In doing this, though, I passed in front of the Whitehouse and saw the tree with decorations on it already. I believe the lighting ceremony is in a week or two, but the tickets were sold out before I realized you needed a ticket to go! Oh, well. :) Live & learn, right?!? Have a super day!!

No comments: