Saturday, October 28, 2006

Beautiful Day

I have to say that I've been repeatedly inspired by another blog on this website: http://threebeautifulthings.blogspot.com. On that page, a lady from across the big pond writes about 3 beautiful things she experiences everyday. What a great way to look at the world around you - constantly searching for the everyday beauty we so often overlook. Well, some days at work, this is harder than others. Looking out the window at work the last 2 days, I had quite a view - the Capitol & Washington Monument were in clear site. Inside the window was a little different story. To the casual observer, & me for the majority of the two days (I hate to admit), the patient line up was nowhere near as pretty (two severely brain damaged infants - one whose brain activity consisted of multiple seizures each day, and the other who cannot even control his own body temperature). Now to the happy ending . . . I'm ever amazed at the way parents can so frequently find joy in such sad situations. Just watching these parents interact with their children in such difficult circumstances is one of the most beautiful things I can imagine. So, long story short, even though some days you may have to look harder than others, there's ALWAYS beauty around to enjoy. Just keep your eyes (& perspective!) open! :)

No comments: