Saturday, January 13, 2007

Home Again, Home Again . . .


Well, my stint in the DC area has officially come to a close. I fly back home tomorrow for a couple weeks. I have thoroughly enjoyed the area and will readily recommend it to anyone. I feel that I've learned a lot while here both in my life and in my career. I have grown closer to my Lord while here. He has taught me more about patience and relying more on His timing for decisions. My prayer life has also grown - I'm sure due in large part to frequently getting lost in some of the lesser of the law abiding areas! As for my career, I've seen & worked with some very interesting & difficult patients. I was "allowed" (or more appropriately "forced") to work with babies on the heart/lung bypass pump. It was truly a challenge, but God took care of us. Both my patient & I lived through those days - I wasn't always sure about the latter! :) I've had the opportunity to meet & work with some exceptional nurses, doctors, & therapists at this hospital. Their knowledge was an inspiration! I plan to return to this hospital, most likely later this year. So, if you wanted to come visit the area but were unable during the past 6 months, don't worry because "Hotel Jenn" will reopen once it warms back up!! I hope you have a terrific week, and I look forward to visiting with all my Texas people very soon!

No comments: