Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I love irony!!


Well, after several quality hours at Reagan National Airport on Sunday, I was able to get on a plane headed to Dallas. The majority of the flights into DFW were being cancelled due to the ice storm expected. So, I got to sit in terminal C for about 5 1/2 hours with some really nice strangers as we all watched the Seattle/Chicago playoff game. It was kinda fun - until Seattle lost. I landed in Dallas a little after 8PM, welcomed by my mom (who had just driven a couple hours to get me) and FREEZING weather!! As I bundled up to walk outside of the terminal, I had to laugh. "How ironic!", I thought. I just left the DC area to come back to the south for warmer weather!! :) Well, I left almost 70 degree weather on Sunday afternoon to come to 30 degree weather Sunday night! It just makes me chuckle. I had bought a heated ice scraper for my time up in the north country, completely expecting to need it for the past month. Well, I used it once while in DC, and it's been used twice since being back in Texas. As you can see above, poor Roony needed some scraping this morning. :) You have to love the twists in life that keep you on your toes. I'm looking forward to what Birmingham holds in store. Who knows?!?

No comments: