Thursday, January 04, 2007

Winds of Change


All the forecasts for this area said that this was going to be a horrible winter. Well, I'm happy to say that it hasn't been too bad. That's DEFINITELY an answer to prayer. :) Yesterday was absolutely gorgeous! I took a mini-road trip up to Pennsylvania. I stopped at Gettysburg, but it was a little too chilly to walk around outside. So, I got back in my car & went on to Hershey, PA - the home of Hershey's Chocolate! They have an amusement park, a hockey team, and "Chocolate World", which is what I visited. They still had most of their Christmas decorations up when I got there. From there, I went to Lancaster County - where the Amish live It was interesting, but it smelled like horse poop! I expected the whole area to look like Little House on the Prairie. Well, it looked just like any other small town except for the fact that people were occasionally driving by in a horse & buggy. The tree above is one of the little street decorations there. I'll have to go back another time when I can spend more time there & maybe get a carriage ride. So, on to the big news . . . My next assignment will be in Birmingham, Alabama! I'll be in a HUGE NICU there (a total of around 100 patients). I'm excited to see a new area, but I'm also sad to leave here. I've grown to really like the DC area and have made some great friends. I'll look forward to returning here later this year. If you've been to Birmingham, let me know what I should be sure not to miss!! I hope your first week of 2007 has been great so far!

No comments: