Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Road Trip #2!!


Well, yesterday morning I headed out on my 2nd official Alabama road trip! (Very Exciting!) :) I had to run a couple errands around town, and then I headed south on I-65 (towards Mobile). I wasn't quite sure what I was gonna do there, but I felt like driving. I love driving long distances! It's such a great time to sing at the top of your lungs with your favorite songs or to have a solid couple hours of prayer/worship with God. Well, being in the car for probably 8 or 9 hours yesterday gave me opportunity for both! (a few times!!) As I neared Mobile, I saw an exit for Pensacola, FL. I got to go there several years ago with a college retreat and remembered how pretty the beaches were, so I took the exit. About an hour later, I arrived at the beach and got to walk along the edge of the water for about an hour. The water was beautiful & clear, and the sand was so white it was almost reflective! I found a spot (in the shade - no sun screen with me!) to sit and watch the water until someone nearby thought it was a good idea to feed the seagulls. I've NEVER understood why people feel it necessary to feed those poop-machines! So, when the birds started dive bombing around where I was, I decided to get back in Roony and head someplace else. I headed west on I-10 towards Mobile. I'm not sure if I ever actually got into Mobile, though, because I had to exit and take a LONG detour to get some gas. Instead of winding my way back to I-10, I found a highway that I recognized went through Montgomery & near Birmingham. I hopped on and headed north, which was fun since it was different scenery from my trip down. I found my way back home by around 10PM last night. What a fun day! By the way, the picture is looking back where I had just walked through the sand. The water washed up before I could snap the picture and blurred my toe prints. Oh, well!

No comments: