Monday, January 28, 2008

My President

Tonight was my President's final State of the Union Address. I know he's not popular with the majority of America . . . at least according to the polls, but I'm proud to say I voted for him both times!! : ) He's my President - not just because he's from Texas or because his daddy's Presidential Library is at my Alma mater (Gig'em, Ags!!). I appreciate him because he stands up for his beliefs and has shown great faith in the midst of much persecution and many trials. I may not agree with everything he's done in office, but I'm so grateful that God put him in charge of our country back in 2000. No other president since Pearl Harbor has had to lead our nation through such trials. We've truly been blessed to have a Godly leader - a man who prays for our country.



And, let's not forget the support he has always gotten from his praying wife. She's not one to take the lime-light or be the center of attention, but she's always in the background supporting and praying for our President.

I believe that the verses Mordecai tells Esther in Esther 4 apply to President and Mrs. Bush: "'And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?'" (vs. 15b) God is in complete control . . . even of presidential elections! This gives me confidence for the next 4 years, but it doesn't negate the need for all of us to pray for the man He wants to lead our country next.

(OK, I'm getting off my soap box now.) :~)

No comments: