Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Resolutions

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
I hope you've had a good day welcoming 2008. We all celebrated at work last night with "champagne" (sparkling white grape juice - we were at work after all!) at midnight. Someone had brought a bunch of plastic champagne glasses and passed them out so we could all poke our heads out in the hall and have a toast to 2008. It was fun. And of course (as with any good nurse party), there was MUCH food to be eaten!! :) We may not have gotten to see the big ball drop in NYC (or the big acorn drop in Raleigh), but it was a good night. The babies were all fairly well behaved.
Did you write out New Year resolutions growing up? Do you still? We did, and then I must have stopped some time during the college years. I guess I didn't want ANY unnecessary writing or reading! :) I started back last January, but my list was short. I only had 3!! (fewer to not keep) Well, when I got up this afternoon, I decided to write another 3 for this year. On December 31st of this year, I hope to be able to look back and see that God helped me meet and keep these few goals.
I'm not saying that you have to write down personal goals for 2008, but I am suggesting that you set aside a few minutes to think and pray about what God would like for you to achieve in the coming year. I'm looking forward to what God has in store for each of us in 2008. I love the 1st day of the year because it's like we all have a fresh, clean slate to make something wonderful out of the coming year. It's exciting! It makes me think of the quote from Anne of Green Gables, "Tomorrow's a fresh day with NO mistakes in it . . . yet." :) I hope and pray that you have a wonderful year full of happiness, contentment, and love of family & friends. Have a fantastic 2008!!!!

No comments: