Thursday, April 10, 2008

Precious Moments

The' Final Four' has nothing on my Evan . . . Check out that shot! Tuesday afternoon, I had the opportunity to have lunch with one of my wonderful friends from college and her two little boys. (who lovingly call me "Aunt Jenn") :~)





After having fun in the McDonald's Playland, we went back to their house so they could run off some more energy before 'rest time'. Evan pulled out the basketball goal and proceeded to "practice dribbling so I can get good at it" (a direct quote that I thought was too cute!) He finally shot a couple of baskets so I could get some pictures. It's SO hard to believe he's almost 5 . . . my 1st 'nephew'! Where does the time go?!?



The boys decided they wanted to "climb" the peach tree again, which consists of their mom putting them in the perfect little boy sized notch. :) So, Aunt Jenn pulled out her camera again to get some pictures of the "tree climbers". It was such a nice day outside with a breeze, but as you can see by the sweaty little boys, they were playing HARD that afternoon!





Joel came and sat down by Me & Melissa after a little bit, and we got a close up view of how filthy he'd gotten in such a short amount of time. Little boys are truly amazing when it comes to dirt, mud, and playing outside. It made me think of that old rhyme:




What are little boys made of?
Frogs and snails and puppy-dogs' tails,
And that are little boys made of.

Melissa called me yesterday morning to let me know that when Joel was thanking God for the food Tuesday night at dinner, he also thanked God for letting me "come play" that day. Talk about making my heart swell with joy!! What a precious little boy.







Later that evening, I headed up to Allen where my sister and brother-in-law live. It was WONDERFUL to get to see my sister feeling better! What an answer to SO MANY PRAYERS!!!! :-) The three of us got to visit a little while before Amy & I left for our sister tradition . . . Studio Movie Grill. (where you sit and eat dinner while watching a movie on the big screen) Back when we both lived full time in the Dallas area, we'd go to this fun place for dinner and a movie about once a week. While in training at the gym, we'd use this night as our "cheat night" . . . the one day a week where we could eat ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that we were having to do without the other six days. We SO looked forward to these days!! Our trainer was so proud. :D So, Tuesday night, we went to see Leatherheads . Apparently, this movie isn't getting great ratings from the official critics out there, but my sister and I give it an ecstatic TWO BIG TOES UP!!!! We laughed so hard throughout the movie that our stomachs hurt when we left. It was kinda like exercising. It was like old times. :D






Yesterday, after running some errands, I got to go to my Mamma Granny & Papa Art's house for a visit and some fried fish (more specifically, my Papa Art's famous crappie)!! YUMMY!! Their place on Lake Fork is just beautiful, and with all the recent rains, everything was a gorgeous shade of green. It was so nice to sit and visit with them for a few hours. Good times!

No comments: