Saturday, April 05, 2008

Priceless Memories . . .



I've enjoyed dancing since I took some classes in college for my PE courses. (I know . . . not the typical PE class, but it IS me. Since when do I do the typical thin?) :-) My parents started taking dance classes last year as a birthday present to my mom from my dad. They've gotten really good. I'm SO impressed!

Thursday night, their class and another had a "dance party". This is where two of the couples rent out a dance hall, bring in drinks and snack foods, and play music for everyone to practice and have fun. The three of us went and had a great time! People of ALL skill level were there, so no one felt uncomfortable. We met some really sweet people that go to my parents' church who had just had their 3rd lesson that afternoon. All the way to the instructors and their 'significant others' who are VERY good! It was fun.

Of course, I took my camera as is my habit these days WHEREVER I go! :-) I took a small video clip of my parents dancing, but it was too dark to be able to see what was going on. As usual, the dance floor wasn't really well lit, so photography wasn't the best. In case you can't tell, the top two pictures are my parents, and the bottom one is me and my dad. I think we were doing the 'west coast swing' in this picture.

I hope you have a terrific weekend!!

No comments: