Saturday, June 14, 2008

Guilty Pleasures :)

Today turned out to be a day of self indulgence! After a quick trip to the post office this morning, I set out to find a coffee shop for a yummy, Saturday morning treat. Much to my joy, there are SEVERAL Caribou Coffee places near my apartment!! :-)



Along with delicious coffee, they serve a cinnamon roll muffin . . . and yes, it's so good it's sinful!!!! It basically consists of 3 small cinnamon rolls fused together on top of a cinnamon muffin base. YUM doesn't begin to describe that phenomenon!!!! Since the weather was so nice this morning, I sat outside with my coffee, muffin, and a book that my friend mailed to me this week. What a great way to spend a couple of hours!


After a little while, I decided to walk around the area to see what stores were in that shopping center. It's like an outdoor mall similar to one that opened in Garland just before I left Texas a couple of years ago. Window shopping is fun, and it's always nice to see new stores and what they have to offer.


When I got hot, I came back home, cleaned a little around here, and then headed to my friends' house for a visit. There is a restaurant near them that serves the closest thing to Tex-Mex that we've found outside of the Friendly State. So, we frequent this place! (great supreme nachos!!!!) The kiddos were SO much bigger than I remember. Yeah, I realize that happens, but it always surprises me to see how much they grow in just a year. :)


After supper, we went back to the house and played/visited for a while. The kids put blankets on their backs and transformed into Super Sarah and Super Ethan. (although Ethan removed his cape before I was able to get my camera) They're SO cute! I love being able to visit with them more while I'm in Virginia again.

So, to complete my day of indulgence, I'm having ice cream while watching some baseball. Doesn't get much better than that! I hope you're having an exceptional weekend, too! :-)

2 comments:

Natasha said...

Sounds like a wonderful day!!

Janna said...

Did you eat your ice cream out of a hat to make it even better?