Friday, June 06, 2008

Unexpected Visitors



So, we have these Canadian Geese that are hanging out around here - swimming in the lakes, squawking (what exactly does a goose say anyway?), and pooping everywhere. I keep expecting them to head on back north. After all, I think it got close to the 90's today . . . WAY hotter than I'd think they're used to up in the frigid land called Canada.

Anyways, Wednesday night during all the storms, I was sitting at my dining room table doing some orientation paperwork while watching the sky for that all-telling green color we all know and fear. (it didn't come to the sky at my apartment thankfully!) I was lost in concentration - or day dreaming - when something caught my eye. It was a gaggle of gees on my patio!! I grabbed my camera and quickly took a picture as they were looking into my dining room at me. A couple of the brave ones came right up to the screen door. Too cute!

I went back to what I was doing, and they went on their way. Then, about 20 minutes later, back they came with their friends and family. I couldn't get a good picture of the big group since they were running by - probably to get back to their home as the storm was picking back up again. It just made me laugh that they felt the need to check out the new kid in the neighborhood. The babies are pretty big, but their wings aren't that big yet. I'm not sure what the prerequisites for flying back to Canada are, but they'll be cute to watch until they have to leave. I only wish they'd have the courtesy to NOT poop on my patio!! :~) It's kinda gross.






By the way, I have taken several pictures of my new apartment . . . too many to post individually on here. So, I'm trying to get a 'blog slideshow' made (stealing the idea from my blogging cohorts out there). The only problem is that with my TOTALLY unreliable and weak internet service right now, it's not working. I should be able to use the new service starting this weekend, so you can check back next week some time if you want to see my new digs.

I hope you have a terrific weekend!!

No comments: