Monday, July 28, 2008

DC in the Dark

My sister is up visiting me for about a week, and we went into DC on Saturday evening. I've been wanting to get some close up pictures of different monuments at night, but I'm MUCH TOO CHICKEN to go there by myself after dark. So, I took along my sister! (safety in numbers, right?!?) :) The monuments are so pretty all lit up!



Here are some of my favorite pictures . . .





Executive Office Building lit up (& of course, the lamppost!) :-)

Soldier from the Korean War Memorial

World War II Memorial

Washington Monument behind WWII Memorial

And, last but NOT least . . .

Lincoln in lights!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

So much fun! Sorry that we haven't talked in a while. I was going to call you tomorrow (since you're off). Have fun with your sis! I'm glad that she could go up there!