Tuesday, October 28, 2008

CJ & the 'Secret Garden'

I'd like to introduce you to 'CJ', my pumpkin. Yeah, I know I'm a wimp for not actually carving a pumpkin. But, I found this Mr. Potato Head pumpkin set at Target a few weeks ago and couldn't resist. In all truth, I wasn't paying attention when I bought it. I honestly thought it was going to be a potato dressed like a pirate for Halloween. Well, after getting home, I looked more closely at the tub, and noticed one very important piece was missing . . . the potato. Then, I realized that even the picture on the outside was of a pumpkin dressed up. Oh well! Reading is highly overrated . . . right? :) Well, this afternoon I was at the grocery store and remembered to pick up a pumpkin. And now, we have 'CJ'. YAY!! And the best part . . . No one was injured or lost an appendage during this decorating project!!
So, when the beach is too far for a day's travel, I resort to the local garden. Fort Worth has a beautiful (and FREE) botanical garden downtown! I found it a couple of weeks ago after leaving work one evening. It was starting to get dark as I walked around that day, and with my proclivity to getting lost, I decided I shouldn't do too much exploring so I wouldn't be trapped inside the gate after closing time. Today, I had some free time after sleeping A LOT, and I went back. It's a beautiful day outside - nice, fall weather and the sun shining brightly. What better day to spend surrounded by some of God's most beautiful creations?!? Most of the flowers were popping with amazing colors! I have been missing the fall colors I got to experience the last few falls on the east coast, so this was nice to see some different fall colors.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

arrrrrrrrrrrr