Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Praying . . .

We all know what November 4, 2008, is. This beautiful house is about to get a new resident. I've voted, and I hope that you've voted also! More importantly, I hope that you'll join me in praying for our country and our new leaders . . . whoever they may be. Our country needs to turn back to God. The presidency is a high profile job with some definite perks, but it's also a high stress job. Whoever wins the election will need prayer! I'm praying for wisdom for our next president, and for God to be in control of his decisions.

There's another - not as publicized - event taking place this Tuesday & Wednesday. A girl I was friends with my 1st year at A&M was tragically killed in a car accident over the weekend leaving behind her husband and their 2 month old son. Her visitation is Tuesday evening, and the funeral service is Wednesday afternoon. Please pray for her husband, Scott, as he goes through this valley. Please also pray for their entire family as they deal with this loss - especially with the holiday season fast approaching.

"'Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.'
The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress"
-Psalm 46: 10-11

No comments: