Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Myrtle Beach


When I left Savannah, I went over this HUGE bridge, and I ended up in South Carolina! :) (which was the plan, by the way - not another "Jenn Detour") I wouldn't recommend this particular stretch of HWY 17 North because it's mostly not nice places. Anyway . . . After a couple hours of driving and only one "Jenn Detour", I ended up at my final destination for the past two days - Myrtle Beach. What a gorgeous place!!!! If you've never been, I highly recommend it. If you have, then you know exactly what I'm talking about. :) I had originally planned to stay there just one night, but after I arrived and played in the VERY COLD water for a little bit, I decided I couldn't leave that quickly! So, I stayed a second night to be able to enjoy the water all day yesterday. Other than having to do a few hours of work on the computer for my next assignment (which I was a little upset about them bothering me on my play day!), I got to sit under an umbrella overlooking the beach & waves all day. Is there anything better in the world?!? Here are a couple pictures I took while there. The first is the sunrise from yesterday morning (yes, I get up that early without the aid of an alarm - sick, I know!)



The next is of the "moon rise" last night. If it wasn't a full moon, it was really close!

I have to admit, the camera can't capture all the pretty colors I was able to see, but it can give you a general idea. :) I hope you enjoy the pictures!!

License Plate Tally: Another slow day. . . As I left South Carolina, headed to North Carolina, I only saw 1 Illinois tag. This brings our grand total to 12 so far. Only one more day of real travel, which will be on Friday. :)

No comments: