Thursday, August 09, 2007

Comfort Zone

I know you've been anxiously waiting for the conclusion to my road trip back home. :) I made it back to the Tyler, TX, area Monday evening!! HOORAY!! :) As much as I LOVE my car, Roony, I was totally ready to get out of it for a while once I arrived home. All in all, I believe my trip home consisted of about 25-26 hours in my car spread out over 3 days. It was a beautiful drive, and I got to see a lot of North & South Carolina that I hadn't seen before.

The last part of the trip home was pretty uneventful, which is good since I was exhausted by that point. It's great to be back home with the family - my personal "comfort zone". I took the short drive over to Dallas yesterday to have my 6 month dentist check up. YUCK! My dentist is VERY sweet, and he's so excited about my next assignment in NC. He & his wife recently took a driving tour through North Carolina, West Virginia, Kentucky, and Tennessee. With his fingers busy in my mouth, he was telling all the things I needed to "be sure to see" while I'm out that way. :) While in the area, I was able to visit with some friends from where I used to volunteer at the March of Dimes and also at the hospital where I started my NICU career. (They're my NICU family!!) It was great to see them & share stories. I got to have lunch with my sister, which was great because I haven't gotten to spend much one on one time with her since I left Texas last January. Sister time is the BEST!! :) Lastly, on my visit to Big D, I got to see my precious "Sammy". He's just started walking, and it's absolutely ADORABLE! He's still so unsteady and preferring to crawl if he's in a hurry, but the few independent steps he took just warmed my heart! He's such a miracle! I can remember SO many times while taking care of him in his first year of life that we weren't sure he'd even make it out of the hospital. Now, 2 1/2 years later, the little stinker is starting to walk! What a special gift from God to share him with us this long! :) Please continue to keep him in your prayers as he continues to struggle with serious health issues.

Needless to say, I'm having a great time and making the most of the 2 weeks I have back here at home! I hope to be able to visit with everyone here, but if I don't get to see you in person, please know that I love & pray for you!! Have a wonderful rest of the week! (I know I will!) :)

No comments: