Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Tests and Storms

Here are some pictures of my adorable apartment! This is the first one I've been in that actually has decorations on the walls and a throw in the living room. How cozy!! :)

Check out the huge candle for me to use!! It's like they know me. :)



The 4 doors on each side of this walkway are to two walk in closets. I'd SO pick this apartment for myself!!





More fun decorations in my kitchen. Yeah, that's a rooster in the corner. :)

Very pretty room with a flower arrangement and fun tea light, tiered candle holder!

I officially started my new job today. I was welcomed to the hospital by taking a 5 hour essay test about all things NICU (well at least most of it was about babies). :) With my great love of tests, this just about did me in. So, I was very grateful that the day was complete once I finished writing! After having lunch with my new friend (who - intentionally or not - basically called me "old" to my face, TWICE) at a fun little place called Bear Rock Cafe (or something similar to that), I came home and did pretty much nothing while I waited for the phone call telling me whether or not I passed the test. My nurse manager from the hospital finally called tonight around 7:30 to let me know I get to stay here in NC for the next three months!! YEA!! :) If I hadn't passed the test, my contract would have ended, and I still have a long list of things I want to do here. That would have been bad. While talking to her, she said that she'd try to get me in the unit either this weekend or first thing next week. That made me happy because babies are SO MUCH MORE FUN than orientation, sitting in a classroom, and taking tests!!!!

Tonight, I encountered my first North Carolina storm. It was a pretty impressive show of lightening and thunder with a little rain, although very short lived (about an hour at most). It was a perfect excuse for me to stay in with a movie in stead of running the errands I needed to - Pride & Prejudice is my reward tonight for taking the test earlier. There's always tomorrow for errands, right?!? :)

No comments: