Saturday, August 04, 2007

Moving Day . . . Again

Yesterday was the last day of my contract in DC. So, I packed up and started my LONG trip home this morning. I had no intention of spending the whole day in the car today, but I had that opportunity anyway! :) The stretch of I95 between Arlington & Richmond was incredibly slow today for some reason. What would normally take 1 1/2 hours to travel took me about 4 hours today. Quality time with Roony and strangers on the highway! Thank goodness for interesting books on tape. I started the new James Pattterson book as I left Arlington, and it finished tonight as I was returning to my hotel. It's VERY good, by the way - lots of twists & turns!! I also practiced contortionist moves as I tried to reach snacks and drinks in the cooler behind my seat while sitting on the highway.

I stopped in Raleigh, NC, this evening after spending about 7 1/2 hours in the car. Since I was so close, I decided to go over to Durham to see the Durham Bulls play. They won - Hooray for the Home Team!! :) It was kinda a slow game until the 8th inning when the pitcher from the other team couldn't find the strike zone. This made life great for the Bulls! I met a sweet family at the game with a 21 month old little girl. She was ADORABLE! We had a good time visiting, and I loved watching her cheer. The only negative from the experience is that I couldn't find my collector baseball hat cup of ice cream there. Granted, I didn't spend a lot of time looking for it since I'd arrived to the game so late. None the less, I was a little disappointed. I had intended to take my camera to the game, but I forgot. Sorry for the lack of pictures. :)

Well, I'm off to Birmingham, AL, tomorrow for the 2nd leg of this 3 day journey back home. Have a terrific Sunday!

No comments: