Saturday, March 29, 2008

Road Trip Day 1

Well, today did NOT go as I had planned . . .

(Nothing serious like car trouble or anything.)

Originally, I thought I'd finish packing, load my car, and turn in my apartment keys this morning so I could go play at the beach all afternoon. Well, God had other plans; He made it cold and rainy today (not my favorite beach weather!!). So, I decided to go to my gardens at Duke thinking that since the rain was headed east, it'd be gone by the time I arrived. Well, no such luck. So, I came to my hotel in Raleigh a little early, got some coffee, and went to the mall.

Oh well. I'm hoping that the weather is a little more cooperative on Monday since I'm planning to tour the Biltmore Estate. We'll see. :~)

Please pray for safety as I'm traveling across the country (at least half of it) over the next several days. Thanks!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Sorry that it didn't work out as planned. I hope the mall was fun at least. Glad that you made it safely there. We'll keep praying for you as you travel!