Sunday, March 30, 2008

Road Trip Day 2

Today was more successful. :) I visited a new church this morning in Raleigh that I've seen several times. I enjoyed the service - especially the music. I'm used to a more relaxed atmosphere at church, and this church had that feel. Happiness!!

When I went back to my hotel to change into 'comfy clothes' for the next leg of my road trip, my room key wouldn't open my door. Interesting . . . I found one of the ladies with housekeeping who could let me in. Anyways, it didn't really delay me leaving.

I only had about a 4 hour drive today, which for me is no different than one of my typical day road trip adventures! (as you know if your a frequent blog reader on my page) I arrived at Asheville, NC, this afternoon about 4pm. It's a very cute little town. The buildings in the downtown area look very German - or at least how I'd imagine German buildings to look from pictures in childhood books. Again, I'm not a history buff by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm wondering if the Vanderbilt family was German. Their house, or should I say ENORMOUS ESTATE & MANSION, (the Biltmore Estate) is the main attraction here. I'm going to see it tomorrow before I head out to Nashville, TN.

Sorry, I have no pictures for you yet again today, but tomorrow should be more interesting. I did take a couple of pictures of some pretty trees in the parking lot of my hotel, but I forgot my camera down in the car. It's TOO COLD to be running back outside, so I'll just post them tomorrow. I honestly believe it was sleeting on me as I left church this morning!!!! CRAZY!!

On a side note . . . Tonight is opening night of baseball. YEA!! In case you didn't know, I'm a HUGE baseball lover, so tonight starts a joyful season for me. :) President Bush just threw out the opening pitch, as per the tradition. I honestly can't believe people "boo'd" him as he entered and exited the field. How inappropriate!! After spending a lot of time in the DC area over the past couple of years, I know very well the extent that the locals dislike the current administration. But, the baseball field is NOT the place for politics! Okay . . . I'm off my soapbox now. Play Ball!!

No comments: