Friday, July 13, 2007

Looking Back/Looking Forward . . .

I've been gone a year today! Last year, on Thursday, July 13th, my dad was driving me to DFW to drop me off for my first BIG ADVENTURE. It's hard to believe I've been travelling for a year already. I had such mixed emotions that day: fear, anxiety, sadness, excitement, hope, . . . I can still picture landing at Reagan, traipsing through the airport with my 100+ pounds of luggage to the rental car place, and then the real excitement beginning as I tried to navigate the roads of the DC Metropolitan area - NOT a task for the novice!! :)


So much has happened over the past year - good and bad. I feel like I've learned so much about myself and depending of God. My hope is that I've grown closer to Him through these experiences. I know I've learned a TON more about neonatal nursing, and much to my dismay, I've had to learn more about pediatric nursing as well. :) It's been a great adventure, and I'm so glad my friend at Medical City, Trina, suggested I try it. I've now had the opportunity to pass on the idea to a new nurse looking for an adventure of her own. God has blessed me with a wonderful church here in the DC area that I loved so much last year when I was here, I was all but giddy at the thought of getting back to it on my return 'tour of duty' here in DC. He's also put wonderful people in my life that encourage and teach me along the way. I've made some great, lasting friendships through my travels, as well as seen some parts of the country I would have probably never seen if not for travel nursing.
I don't know what God has in store for my future, - honestly, who really does? - but I believe I'm going to continue travelling at least for a little longer. I've been an East Coast Beach Bum for the past year, so I think it might be fun to try out some West Coast Sand. :) We'll see where God puts me next. Thank you for going on my journeys with me, and I look forward to sharing more with you in the future! Most importantly, thank you for the continued prayer support!! I would be such a mess without your prayers! The other day, a girl at work asked why I was always smiling. I was able to say that I have a wonderful family and group of friends that love me and pray for me daily, and that helps me get through even the most difficult of days. You are a blessing to my life! Have a wonderful weekend!!

No comments: