Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Humpday Activities

Yesterday was "chore day", and today has been "play day"!!

I met a friend of mine for lunch at Baja Fresh today. It was very yummy . . . no Freebirds (my fellow Ags know what I mean!), but it is a good substitute for when the real thing is a 2 day drive away! :)

After lunch, my friend had to go to a meeting, so I went to a museum near the airport that I've been wanting to visit for a while. It's the National Air & Space Museum Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center. (try saying that one 3 times in a row!) It's a big name for a huge warehouse that has a bunch of planes in it. I was impressed with the way they had planes of all sizes hanging from the ceiling at different angles. They even have one of the Concord jets. It's free to get in, but you have to pay for parking. If you're a fan of planes, it's definitely worth the parking price and the short drive out to Dulles Airport (where it's located). As I walked around, I kept thinking of my grandaddy who used to be an airplane mechanic. I'd like to walk through that museum with him one day!

I hope you enjoy your 'mini-tour' through this one!




On a side note: the website that makes these slideshows has changed their rules. Now they're planning to charge for some of the features that used to be free. All this to say, I'm not sure if I'll be doing many more slideshows. Any of my fellow bloggers know of a different website that still offers the free features?

No comments: